Learn C++ from scratch. How to make your first video game in Unreal engine. Gain confidence in programming.
NEW BattleTank section shipping now, this includes…
- Deep dive into control systems
- Much more C++ and Blueprint
- Particle systems and projectiles
- Using and extending Unreal’s AI pathfinding
- Simple 2D User Interface design and more.
English closed-captions through the course.
This course is the beginning of a project that was a runaway success on Kickstarter. Get involved now, and get access to all future content as it’s added. The final course will be over 30 hours of content and 200+ lectures.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4, the free-to-use game development platform used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide. We start super simple so you need no prior experience of Unreal or coding! With our online tutorials, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and Ben who is on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a full 3D version of Pong with an online multiplayer scoreboard, and more.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students.
You will learn C++, the powerful industry standard language from scratch. By the end of the course you’ll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
“Any serious game programmer needs to know C++” Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog Inc (creators of Uncharted & The Last of Us)
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore these games can be created for Windows, consoles, MacOS, iOS, Android and Web from a single source!
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you game design principles.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
What are the requirements?
- 64-bit Mac or PC capable of running Unreal 4.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn C++, the games industry standard language.
- Develop strong and transferrable problem solving skills.
- Gain an excellent knowledge of modern game development.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Gain a more fundamental understanding of computer operation.
What is the target audience?
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to bring their assets alive in a game engine.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to coding.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Existing programmers who want to re-skill to game development.